Appointed Persons: Lifting Operations
This course is suitable for supervisors and managers that have the responsibility for lifting operations within the work place. This course will give you an understanding of the appointed person’s responsibilities and how to fulfil them.
- Observe regulations and Codes of Practice
- Follow safe systems of work including method statements
- Describe different types of cranes and associated terminology
- Understand crane documentation
- Understand crane stability, duty charts and safety devices
- Appreciate tower cranes
- Observe British Standard 7121 Safe Use of Cranes Guidelines sections 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Recognise the role of appointed person
- Plan a lift
Teaching and Assessment
- The course is ran over 4 days and is taught through classroom-based and practical exercises. Following on from this candidates are required to attend a 1 day assessment.
- Various cards available including in-house, please call for details!
- For CPCS Testing, the CITB Health, safety and environment test (managers level) must have been passed no more than two years before the course start date.
- You should have sufficient experience of cranes to meet the requirements specified in British standard 7121 Safe Use of Cranes.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.