This course is aimed at anyone who is required to monitor safe systems of work. It will enable supervisors and managers to undertake the duties of a crane supervisor within the workplace. You will learn how to comply with legislation, regulations, codes of practice and industrial requirements.
- Understand Legislation, regulations and Codes of Practice relating to lifting duties.
- Ensure safe systems of work are adhered to including how to create method statements.
- The roles and responsibilities of the job.
- Describe the different types of cranes, their uses and operating instructions.
- Understanding crane stability, duty charts and safety devices.
- Crane appreciation.
- Understanding the safe communication methods are used and why.
- Prepare and mark an area with exclusion zones.
Teaching and Assessment
- The Course is 3 days in length, taught through a mix of classroom-based and practical exercises. Following on from this you are required to attend the 1 day assessment
- Various cards available please call for details
- For CPCS Testing, the CITB Health, safety and environment test (supervisors level) must have been passed no more than two years before the course start date.
- You should have sufficient experience of cranes to meet the requirements specified in British standard 7121 Safe Use of Cranes.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.