Excavator 180° Wheeled: above and below 5 Tonnes
This course is designed for potential and existing operators that wish to obtain formal qualifications. You will learn to operate and maintain machines above and below 5 tonnes.
- Operate the 180° wheeled excavator safely and productively within various site tasks including digging in trench boxes and lifting with forks.
- Fit and operate ancillary equipment.
- Site the machine safely and efficiently.
- Carry out minor adjustments and services, when required.
- Prepare the machine for travelling on site and on the public highway.
- Understand the capabilities, purposes and limitations of the Excavator 180.
- Interpret the information provided by level pegs and profiles.
- Work to levels with the aid of laser equipment.
- Explain precautions to be taken for underground and overhead services and other hazards.
Teaching and Assessment
- The course is ran over an 8 day period, made up of classroom lessons and practical exercises. Following on from this you are required to attend the final assessment day.
- Various cards available, including in-house, please call for details!
- For CPCS Testing, the CITB Health, safety and environment test must have been passed no more than two years before the course start date.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.