Excavator 360° Tracked: above 10 Tonnes
This course can be undertaken as a Novice, Refresher or Straight to Test for operating a 360 degree tracked excavator above 10 tonnes.
We offer the Novice Course over 5 days, Refresher Courses for 2-3 days; or you can opt to go Straight to Test.
- Learn how to operate the excavator 360° tracked safely and productively within various site tasks including digging in trench boxes and batter work.
- Fit and operate ancillary equipment.
- Site the machine safely and efficiently for work.
- Carry out minor adjustments and servicing, when required.
- Understand the capabilities, purposes and limitations of the Excavator 360.
- Work to levels with the aid of laser equipment.
- Explain precautions to be taken for underground services, overhead services and other potential hazards.
- Understand how to power the machines operating modes to become more efficient.
Teaching and Assessment
- The course can be run over several different options:
- 5 days for a Novice, learning through a mix of classroom based teaching and practical exercises.
- 2-3 days for a Refresher, learning through a mix of classroom based teaching and practical exercises.
- ½ day Straight to Test. No Training just simply undertake the test.
- All of the above will consist of a Theory Test which consists of 87 questions (time allocated for this 1 hour) and a Practical Test of 2hr 45 mins and ½ Lifting
- For CPCS Testing, the CITB Health, safety and environment test must have been passed no more than two years before the course start date.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.