Mini Excavator below 10 Tonnes
This course is for people with no experience of using mini excavators. It's also suitable for people with experience, but need a formal qualification.
The aim of this course is to equip candidates with the skills and knowledges they need to operate a Mini Excavator.
- Operate the Mini Excavator safely and effectively on different sites.
- Recognise and avoid potential dangers.
- Carry out minor adjustments and plant servicing when required.
- Understand the capabilities, purposes and limitations of a Mini Excavator.
- Interpret the information provided by level pegs and profiles.
- Work to levels with the aid of laser equipment.
- Explain precautions to be taken for underground and overhead services and other hazards.
Teaching and Assessment
- The course is taught over a 6 day period through classroom lessons and practical exercises, followed by a 1 day assessment
- Various cards available please call for details
- For CPCS Testing, the CITB Health, safety and environment test must have been passed no more than two years before the course start date.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.