Ride on Road Roller
This course provides training on the correct and safe operation of a Ride on Roller. It is suitable for those in the construction and civil industry that may or may not have experience of operating the machine, and need a formal qualification.
- All pre-start, running checks and shut down procedures.
- Learn how to set the roller for travel.
- Have an understanding and awareness of potential site hazards and hazards associated with the operation of a Ride on Roller.
- How to manoeuvre in confined spaces.
- How to place the roller in and out of service condition.
- Learn how to unload and load the machine correctly for transportation on site.
- Acknowledge the conditions that may cause instability of the roller.
- Understand the safety procedures when working up to supported and unsupported edges.
- The principles, requirements and techniques of good compaction.
Teaching and Assessment
- Classroom-based teaching and practical exercises.
- Novice - 3 day course, followed by 1 day assessment.
- Experienced - 2 day course, followed by 1 day assessment.
- Various cards available including in-house, please call for details!
- For CPCS Testing, the CITB Health, safety and environment test must have been passed no more than two years before the course start date.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of current Health and Safety issues.