Slinger / Signaller
This course has been created for experienced or semi-experienced people wanting to gain entry into the lifting industry through the role of a slinger/signaller. The course is ideal for those that have no formal qualifications.
- Learn how to establish the weight and dimensions of various loads and effectively communicate this information to crane operators.
- Selection of appropriate lifting tackle and demonstrate how to attach and detach it correctly and safely.
- Use clear and concise signals to direct the actions of a crane that is moving loads of different weights and dimensions.
- Determine the serviceability of lifting accessories, how to maintain then and the correct storage procedures.
Teaching and Assessment
- The course is 3 days made up of classroom-based tutorials and practical exercises, followed by a 1 day assessment
- Various cards available please call for details
- For CPCS Testing, the CITB Health, safety and environment test must have been passed no more than two years before the course start date.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.