This course is for people with limited or no experience who want to learn to operate a telescopic handler.
- Operate the machine safely and effectively for all normal tasks.
- Make decisions whether a particular load is safe to lift or not.
- Carry out routine servicing procedures and maintenance as necessary, in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Know how the Telescopic Machine works and the maintenance requirements involved.
- Understand the effects load, size, weight, gradients and ground conditions have upon the stability of the machine.
- Know how to load, store and transport materials correctly.
- Understand the basic construction and use of pallets.
Teaching and Assessment
- This course is 3 days taught through classroom-based and practical exercises, followed by a 1 day assessment.
- Various cards available including in-house, please call for details!
- For CPCS Testing, the CITB Health, safety and environment test must have been passed no more than two years before the course start date.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.