Training on asbestos awareness is merely intended to help workers avoid carrying out work that will disturb asbestos. A refresher should be given annually, to help ensure knowledge of asbestos awareness is maintained.
Information, instruction and training for asbestos awareness is intended to give workers and supervisors the information they need to avoid work that may contain asbestos and how to prevent disturbing it.
Examples of those in occupations that could be affected include...
- Construction workers
- Heating and ventilation engineers
- Telecommunication engineers
- General maintenance workers
- Painters and decorators
- Fire/burglar alarm installers
- Computer and data installers
- Building surveyors
- The course is 1 day in length and during the course delegates are provide with Information, and instruction about asbestos awareness covering the following:
- How to avoid the risk of exposure to asbestos
- The properties of asbestos and its effects on health
- The types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and asbestos materials in buildings and plant
- The general procedures to deal with an emergency in the workplace