CAT and Genny
This course covers all areas of the New Roads & Streetworks Act for Location of Underground Services. Combining teaching with practical assessment delegates will undertake recognised training and assessment. This course is 1 day in length, and is essential for anybody working under ground with cables and pipes. This course will enable candidates to understand fully the correct operation and functions of the Cable Avoidance Tool (CAT) and Signal generator (GENNY).
- Delegates will work through the course to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the following:
- Interpreting utility plans and symbols
- Identifying where services are on ground
- Recognising a range of services commonly found when carrying out excavations
- Identifying the risks of damage to services and the implications of such damage to Gas, Water and Electricity
- Using cable location equipment to find and trace underground services
- Conducting and supervising the activities safely
- Compatibility between the CAT and Genny
- On completion of the course delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Teaching and Assessment
- This course is 1 day in length.
- The course is taught through classroom based and practical sessions.