There are two courses that form part of SMSTS Site Safety Plus:
1 - Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
2 - Site Management Safety Training Scheme Refresher (SMSTS-R)
Please ensure you select the correct one.
Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- This course is for you if you’re considering, or already have, responsibilities for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering groups of staff e.g. site manager.
- It covers all relevant legislation affecting safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries. It highlights the need for risk assessment in the workplace, the implementation of the necessary control measures and adequate communication to sustain a health and safety culture within the workforce.
- It is endorsed by Build UK as the standard training for all supervisors working on Build UK sites and provides an understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues. It highlights legal responsibilities and the need to promote health and safety to supervise effectively.
- The Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Construction Design Management Regulations.
- How to draw up risk assessments and method statements.
- Overview of Electricity, Excavations, Working at Height, Scaffolding, Demolition and Confined Spaces.
At the end of the Course you will be able to:
- Implement all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation affecting your daily work
- Implement new guidance and industry best practice
- State your duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment
- Certification for this course is valid for 5 years. To remain certified in this area, you will need to take a SMSTS Refresher course before the expiry date on your certificate; otherwise the full course will need to be retaken.
Teaching, Assessment and Qualifications
- This course is taught over a 5 day period through classroom discussions, case studies, and presentations.
- Multiple Choice Tests.
- Upon completion candidates will receive a Site Safety Plus Certificate.