This course is a two-day Site Safety Plus course recommended for site supervisors. You will learn about your legal responsibilities regarding health, safety, welfare and environmental issues.
- Discuss The Health and Safety at Work Act
- Supervision of occupational health
- Behavioural safety
- Address specific daily site issues that may cause disruption and challenge supervisors
- Effective toolbox talks
Teaching and Assessment
- This is an interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations. Self-study outside the classroom is advised as well.
- Continuous assessment - You need to attend both days.
- Multiple-choice test.
- Site Safety Plus certificate.
- This course is a two-day Site Safety Plus course. The certificate you gain is valid for 5 years. You must renew this qualification every five years by attending the SSSTS Refresher course. You need to do this before your certificate expires or you will need to re-take the full course again.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
- Be able to provide valid ID on the first day of the course. ID examples include passport and driving license.